The camp experience was great. I was a little nervous about being too judgemental of a girls camp that could never be as perfect as mine growing up was, but I had a remarkably great time with few complaints! I did have to break up a fight between girls in our cabin, go to bed each night at 2:30 when the girls finally fell asleep after being frightened by a different bug each night, and wake up at 7:00 each morning to get the girls up and to flag by 8:00, but most of all I enjoyed a great time getting to know the young women in a different way that I had before. Some of my favorite memories include:
- The night our girls wanted to prank another cabin. We had these egg we cut out of paper that said "you've been egged" and "you're egg-cellent." We snuck across the path to the other cabin, but some of the girls wouldn't turn off their flashlights, so the girls in the other cabin talked to us and said "we can see you," as we pasted the eggs on their cabin.
- They taught us the thriller dance, so I made a fool of myself (as I am not at all coordinated when trying to keep up on any sort of sequence dance like that) as I did the dance. Most of the girls in my ward were too shy to try it, so they instead watched and laughed at me as I laughed my head off but had a great time.
- The night we went "moon-tanning." We went out with our towels in the light of the moon, and taped our legs with masking tape into interesting designs, then spray-tanned them. The next day, we told people we had been moon-tanning, and that the moon left different rays and reflected differently on everyone's legs. The best was when we overheard a group of girls saying they had tried it the next night, but didn't have any results, so they were going to try it again that night. :)
- The night we had foot baths. We read from the Bible the story of Christ washing the feet of his disciples during ward time one night, and Stephanie (my 1st counselor) and I hauled a wagon with a bucket full of warm water in it up the huge hill to our cabin to give the girls foot soaks. They really liked it and I could tell a lot of them felt the spirit during the lesson part of it.
I'm glad to be back home now to my regular shower, bathroom, and bed!
1 comment:
Yes, it was a great week with the two best looking grandkids around! I had a ball with you boys; glad Jessica was able to have so much fun too.
Post a Comment