On Friday, I went strawberry picking with my mom, Landon, and Davis. The strawberry patch we went to had TONS of strawberries (Thanks Lori!) and in only 30 minutes we picked almost 17 pounds of berries! I was glad my mom was there because most of the time, either she or I was chasing Davis, so really just one of the two of us was picking. You can see from the pictures that we had to bribe him with a dum-dum to keep him distracted from roaming up and down the rows of berries. Landon picked probably a small bucket full. We came home, washed them and removed the stems, and then made four batches of freezer jam and froze six bags of berries. I say we, but in reality, my mom did most of it because I had to leave to chaperone at youth conference. We tasted a little this morning and it was delicious! It brought back memories of Grandma Landon's delicious jam. Thanks for your help mom!
3 comments:
How fun!! I'm glad you liked the patch.
Where did you go? We missed last year's strawberries so I am determined to get some this year! :)
Ahhhhh I wish I was there picking brerries with you!
Post a Comment