Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

For Memorial Day, we went to Ashland, and met up with Jake and Stacey there. Saturday, the boys got up and went golfing, and Stacey and I did a little shopping at our favorite Ashland store, Earth Friendly Kids (used kids clothing). When the boys got home, the girls went and did a little shopping in Medford while the boys watched the kids. Of course, when we got home, we heard a few comments about how long we were gone, and yet we weren't gone as long as they were golfing. :) They were good sports though.

That night, we went to Lithia Park for our traditional hot dog roast on the "island," and we played a game of horse shoes. Shane and I were partners, and I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't much of a partner, but I did have the game-winning ringer at the end when playing Jake and Stacey. However, I wasn't so lucky when we played Mom and Dad, so we lost to them. That night, we had the unfortunate idea to watch "Mall Cop," (I don't recommend it - a little bit too cheezy).


Sunday, we had a nice relaxing day going to church and later playing some games. Monday, Jake was a trooper, and despite his bum knee, we hiked table rock. Landon did really good and walked the whole way, not even complaining until we were about half-way down and mentioned a few times he was getting a little tired. Davis enjoyed the ride on Shane's back. When we were done, Landon said he wanted to climb the "snowy mountain" (Mt. McLoughlin), so I guess it wasn't too bad of an experience for him. We told him he'd need a few more years before he could climb that one!

I was too lazy to choose some pictures from the trip, so I just put them all in this slide show. Sorry if it's too much!

2 comments:

Jacob said...

Has Landon asked you yet if we can have our houses close together? Someday, someday weather he wants it or not

Kim said...

Jess you look so good (as always)! And your boys are so big! Your mom is the same :) How does she do that.

Love you