Shane likes to quote that MC Hammer song to get Landon to fold his arms for the dinner prayer. Landon has been doing better and better at repeating us to say prayers for the meals or for his bedtime prayer. Last night, for the first time, he decided to say his bedtime prayer on his own. It went something like this: "Heavenly Father. Thank for the food. Please bless it. Bless the food. Thank thee for my room. Thank thee could go on walk and see the rainbow and the duckies swim." He got a little stuck after that, so Shane helped him finish, but I thought it was pretty good for his first prayer, even if he did bless the food!
Somehow, Shane started telling Landon "little boy" stories. It has become one of their favorite things to do together. Shane starts a sentence with "When I was a little boy, . . . " then completes it with some random comment, like "I had a dog," or "I rode my bike to school, " etc. Then, Landon laughs hysterically like it's the funniest story he's heard. Landon now likes to tell his own little boy stories, and fills in random things like, "when I was a little boy, I didn't have curtains," then he laughs. I'm not sure how far in the past he's referring to when he was a little boy, as I still think of him as my little boy!!!
3 comments:
Ben and I had a good laugh from Landon's prayer. We are glad to hear you all are doing well.
What a cute prayer! He's got quite the memory! We are just trying to get Jackson to repeat after us, and so far, all he does is say Heavenly Father over and over. Oh well! He'll learn sometime!
What a cutie...well both of them are. I love those little prayers, they can be so sincere and random at the same time. Heavenly Father must love those prayers.
I love those pictures of you guys with Davis. So cute! You look great Jess.
Post a Comment