The rainy season has officially started in Portland. It seemed to start much later last year, but the forecast for this entire week is . . . rain. This afternoon, after Landon woke up from his nap, there was a break in the clouds and the sun poked through, so I thought Landon and I had better take advantage of it right away before the weather changed again. We put on Landon's rain boots and hat, a jacket, and headed out. Landon wanted to find some worms, but unfortunately we didn't find any. When an airplane flew overhead, Landon asked where it was going. I told him it was flying away into the clouds, but he said, "Mommy, airplane helping Landon find worms!" I guess he knew better than me! :)
We did find lots of other fun things. Landon found two old apples he wanted to carry around for awhile.
Despite the cooler fall weather, there were still plenty of flowers out! Landon found these orange ones that he wanted to stop and smell.
As soon as we saw the sidewalk covered with orange berries and bright red leaves, Landon dropped the apples and decided he wanted to stomp on the orange berries. I'm not sure if you can tell from the pictures, but he is pretty into it!
1 comment:
what a cute little kid :)
Post a Comment