Saturday, June 30, 2007

Carpet . . . Enfin!

Well, it's official. We finally got our carpet! It was quite a day on Wednesday when the carpet came. The carpet guy showed up around 9 in the morning. He came alone and began tearing out the old carpet right away. Landon and I hung outside while he was working. After about an hour, Jose (our carpet guy) came out and asked me if it was okay if his friend came and helped him get the carpet in because this was a big job (or I should say yob). The only hold up was his friend had recently arrived from Mexico, and if the store asked, I was to tell them Jose did the work alone. I didn't care, as long as it gone done fast and well!

By about lunch time, I called Shane and asked him to bring Landon and me home some lunch. It had been about four hours at that point. It was Landon's naptime, so we built a little fort in the backyard with blankets and chairs and tried to sleep under it. I could have fallen asleep fine, but Landon didn't go for it.

By five that night, Landon and I were getting pretty tired of being outside. It had been a long day. And they still weren't done!!! They told us that Landon's room was done, so Landon and I went and hung out in there for awhile. Shane brought us home dinner, and we got Landon ready for bed. Shane handed me the crib pieces through our bedroom window (they were now in the living room working so we couldn't go through that way) and we got Landon bed all set up. We put Landon to bed at 8, and they finished just after, around 8:15. Whew!!! It looked great though! Before, in the living room, there was a big strip of linoleum that took up about 1/3 of the living room and went all the way down the hall too. Now it's all carpeted. The carpet is really soft and thick, so we think we'll like it! I took some pictures of the living room and dining room so you can get an idea of what things are looking like. (The washer/dryer area has a door, but we have it off to paint it).


3 comments:

Spiresfam said...

Nice!!! It looks great. Isn't new carpet soooo soft. (not like I've ever had it, but I can imagine!)

Kent & Christie Malan said...

Cool house! I can't believe what carpet will do for a home! Everything looks so cozy and comfortable too! We're so glad you have everything in your frontroom and dining room at least - kitchen too, so you can enjoy living normally again!

Jacob said...

The carpet looks really nice, and so does the house! We can't wait to come visit.