Friday, January 19, 2007

Let it snow!

It is Friday night, and pretty much we have nothing to do. Tomorrow we're having Brycen and Lori Woodley over, but tonight, we're just kind of hanging out around here. Landon is racing cars on his track, and I am trying to get some things ready for a Primary activity in the morning.

This has been a pretty crazy weather week in Portland. I woke up Tuesday morning, turned on the news, and all that they were talking about was the snow. I hadn't even looked out the window, but when I did, I saw a few inches on the ground, with more coming down. Shane had gone to work at 5:15 for a Stake Priesthood temple session, so he had beat the snow to work, but he ended up coming home at noon because they said the roads were just getting worse. He even had to use chains for the drive home, and he was on the freeway! He said there were cars all over the road. On Wednesday, there was still a lot of snow and ice, so Shane worked from home again. It was really nothing compared to Utah weather, but they just don't have the snow plows and stuff here to clear the roads, plus the snow is really wet and freezes to the road easily. There's still some snow on the ground today, but it is pretty much melted off, and it has warmed back up to the mid 40's, so we're getting a little more back to normal, thank goodness. Landon liked the snow, but he didn't like it getting on his boots. He especially liked the snowballs, and kept wanting Shane to make more for him.

Landon's favorite song right now is "Life is a Highway." (I wonder where he got that one from?) He wants to listen to it over and over and over, and he runs around in circles in our living room while it plays, even yelling out "whoo" when they say it in the song. When it finishes, he looks up at me with his sad eyes and says, "more." Of course, I can't say no to that, so we play it again and he starts running around like wild. We listened to it five times in a row this morning before I finally got him distracted with something else. He also loves to race his cars. He wakes up every morning and says "race," so I set up his car race track, and he races his cars and even some balls down his bright orange track.

Landon also likes Shane to build him a little fort by his crib. Shane hangs a blanket over the futon from Landon's crib, and Landon climbs in there with a book or toy, or just sits in there and talks. He also loves counting these days. He has a number book he likes me to read, and he likes to repeat the numbers after me. The other night, in his bath, he goes, "free, four, five, six, seben, eight, nine, ten, leben (eleven)" I thought I was hearing things wrong at first!!!! It was crazy. What a crazy kid.

1 comment:

Kent & Christie Malan said...

Hi Malans, Yes, you got a bunch more snow than we have been getting here in Utah. It did snow yesterday and last night so there's a little fluffy white stuff on the ground right now. Landon you looked like you were havin a good time playin in all that white stuff! I love your hat and those red boots! Your dad loved making forts or whatever you want to call them when he was a young boy. He had fun escaping into his own world that way. Keep playing with your cars Landon, and I'm so impressed with your counting! Love and miss all of you! Mom Malan